…. because no other words better describe these macadamia-nutty, salted-caramelly, white chocolately and delightfully fudgey squares of Paleo goodness. They are in every sense of the words a: Salted Caramel and Macadamia Dream…
This recipe evolved last week, because, everyone seems to be doing the salted-caramel thing and I wanted in!
‘Salted Caramel’ – just hearing those words gets me so excited and to make a version which is 100% paleo, healthy and filled with nature’s super foods is a no-brainer. I can only wonder why I hadn’t done it sooner.
You won’t find cream, butter or sugar in this batch. But you will find natures amazing, health-giving and immune-supporting ingredients such as medjool dates, coconut oil, raw cacao butter and macadamia nuts. Blended together they make the smoothest caramel-‘white chocolate’ fudge and by adding a little sea-salt, you achieve that perfect salted-caramel flavour.
Credit must go to my instagram follower for the name – thanks @chiara_gizzi!
So here is my recipe for Salted Caramel and Macadamia Dream – enjoy! xx
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Freezing Time: 1 hr
- Vitamix/blender or food processor
- 2o x 20 cm baking tin, or loaf tin
- 100g cacao butter, finely chopped
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (preferably soaked overnight)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or essense)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of sea-salt or sea salt flakes
- handful shredded coconut, or chopped macadamia nuts (to garnish)
- Line a 20 x 20 xm baking tray, or loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients (except the garnish and extra sea-salt) to a Vitamix/blender or food processor and whiz until combined.
- Pour into the lined baking tin and spread into the corners.
- Sprinkle the top with a little extra sea salt, and a handful shredded coconut, chopped macadamia nuts.
- Place in the freezer for up to an hour and once solid, slice into squares.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.
- To avoid melting, serve immediately following removal from your freezer.