I made this Macadamia Nut Butter Recipe the other day and it was so good, that I’m going to do it again. My first batch disappeared making my Sunshine Raspberry Smoothie recipe as well as from teaming small scoops with deliciously sweet and chewy dried figs – one of my favourite snacks and pictured below for your inspiration.
This version is special because it contains more than just macadamia nuts. I’ve also added desiccated coconut, vanilla and sea salt to enhance the flavour. The texture is smooth and creamy and the taste is sensational.
Macadamia nuts have a high monounsaturated fat content – perfectly healthy and an arguably better choice than other nuts such as almonds or cashews. Just ask the team from the Whole 30 if you want to know more on that.
I recommend using a Vitamix blender or similar, because anything less will give you nut-meal and nothing more.
Makes 1 jar
Vitamix/Thermomix/Powerful food processor or blender
500 ml Jar
- 500g raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or paste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or other powerful food processor/blender and starting on low, begin to process the mixture, pressing down (with a mixing stick, if applicable) as you go.
- Increase the speed gradually as the nuts turn into nut butter, making sure all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour into a 500ml jar and keep refrigerated for ultimate freshness.
- Add to smoothies – such as my Sunshine Raspberry Smoothie
- My favourite snack – scooped onto a dried fig, just like this recipe here and pictured below
- Add to ‘ice-cream’ – like my delicious 3-minute Soft Serve ‘Ice-cream’