http://iheartscratch.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IMG_0039.jpg 640 640 Catherine Noonan /wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iheartscratchlogo2.png Catherine Noonan2016-09-08 13:24:592016-09-08 13:24:59Dark Cacao Vegan Fudge
Dark Cacao Vegan Fudge: Dangerously Rich & Healthy
paleo || vegan || soy free || egg free || grain free || gluten-free || dairy free || refined sugar free
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hrs
- Small saucepan and wooden spoon
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Loaf tin
- 60g coconut oil
- 60g cacao butter
- 150g cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Flesh of 1 fresh young coconut
- 15 medjool dates, pitted (pitted weight: 200g)
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, add the cacao butter and coconut oil, stirring until melted.
- To the saucepan, add the maple syrup and cacao powder, stirring with the spoon until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz the young coconut flesh and pitted medjool dates until finely combined and sticky.
- Transfer the coconut and dates to a mixing bowl, then add the warm chocolate mixture. Mix quickly with a spoon until well combined.
- Pour the fudge batter into the lined loaf tin and refrigerate until set – up to 4 hrs in the fridge or 1 hr in the freezer.
- Once set, cut into approximately 40 small squares.
Keep refrigerated at all times, in an airtight container.