Dairy-free, natural fruit sugar only
You probably started the week well yesterday, a healthy, breakfast, lunch and dinner and even a bit of exercise and fingers crossed you can stay on track today. So to get you motivated and feeling good, I am sharing one of my many smoothie recipes with you.
My Daily Greens Smoothie tastes as sweet as a fruit drink, looks as green as a vegie patch and is as healthy as can be! It does not contain fresh coconut flesh or water as I know coconuts just aren’t that easy to come by beyond the bounds of Bondi Beach, although stay tuned for a few more smoothies that do.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large kale leaf (leaf only, stem discarded)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana (or 1 fresh banana plus a few ice cubes)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour and serve immediately.
I believe that green smoothies are always best consumed fresh, but you can store it in the fridge for 24 hrs, saving it for the next morning too!