These roasted hazelnuts make chomping on nuts just that bit more and exciting and addictive!
The recipe requires only one bowl, one spoon, one baking tray and 20-25 minutes of my time – i.e. very little effort, very few dirty dishes and very little time at all!
There are absolutely no nasties in the recipe, just pure whole-foods including raw cacao powder, which has super high antioxidant properties,, cinnamon, celtic sea salt, coconut oil and raw hazelnuts.
With quality ingredients such as these, you just can’t go wrong. The recipe makes two cups and these are great to get you through the afternoon, so why not keep a container in your desk drawer at work or have a handful in the evening when you’re peckish before dinner?
Makes: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
- Baking tray
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 small pinch sea salt*
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
*I used celtic sea salt,
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until the hazelnuts are evenly coated.
5. Spread the hazelnuts out on the lined baking tray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
7. Allow the nuts to cool, before serving and/or storing.
Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container, or recycled jam jar.