These Curry Roasted Cashews make chomping on nuts just that bit more and exciting and addictive! There are absolutely no nasties in the ingredients, just pure whole-foods including organic spices*, celtic sea salt, coconut oil and of course, raw cashews. With quality ingredients such as these, you just can’t go wrong.
*I used Gourmet Organic Herbs – Mild Curry Powder. Certified Organic status aside, this mild curry comprises coriander, cumin, tumeric, mustard, black pepper, fenugreek, cayenne pepper. Possibly more importantly, this curry powder does NOT contain any other additives – no sugar, no rice flour and no salt, which you may find in cheaper varieties.
Store your nuts in a recycled jam-jar see image attached and have just a handful a day to keep those mid-afternoon hunger pangs at bay. You could also serve them with afternoon or evening drinks and I promise even the most burley of men will think they are a bit of alright perhaps a perfectly commendable beer-nut too!
Makes: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
- Baking tray
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp sea salt*
- 1 tsp mild curry powder**
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
*I used celtic sea salt, **Be sure to use a curry mix which contains spices only, i.e. no added sugar, flour etc
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until the cashews are evenly coated.
5. Spread the cashews out on the lined baking tray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
7. Allow the nuts to cool, before serving and storing.
- Eat a handful a day for an afternoon snack.
- Serve with afternoon or evening drinks.
Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container, or recycled jar as pictured!