You better believe it… this recipe has absolutely no added sugar and is completely wheat and dairy free. It tastes so naughty, but makes you feel so nice…. It’s Heaven on a plate!
The recipe makes eight and serves two when accompanied with extra fresh fruit and a good dousing of the ‘caramel’ sauce.
- Small mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup blueberries*
*fresh or frozen
- Combine all ingredients, except for the blueberries, in a bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add the blueberries, and gently mix until they’re evenly scattered throughout the batter.
- Heat a frying pan, over low heat.
- Add a little cooking oil coconut oil or butter if you don’t mind dairy.
- With a dessert spoon, spoon the mixture into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to appear, until golden.
- Eat alone or spread with butter if you don’t mind dairy.
- Serve with freshly sliced banana, blueberries and a generous drizzle of our Coconut ‘Caramel’ Sauce.
- Spread with fresh ricotta cheese and top with grilled banana.
Cut into fingers for your baby to enjoy, with or without butter.