I wanted to make something delectable to have with our leftover Banana Oat & Almond Pikelets this morning, so I whipped up this sweet and fluffy Dairy Free Caramel Cream. It’s absolutely heaven and it would be criminal of me not to share the recipe.
It’s as easy as pie and takes only moments to prepare. The only catch is that you’ll need a food processor or powerful blender.
The ingredients ooze ‘health’ – there’s no sugar, dairy or gluten and there’s no cooking required either.
So what’s in it? Just four simple ingredients – dates, coconut cream, cashews and vanilla. That’s it!
Enjoy this Caramel Cream atop:
- Pikelets – try our Banana Oat & Almond Pikelets here
- Cake & Cupcakes, as filling or icing
- Fruit crumble, pie or as a side to any dessert
Makes 1 cup
Food processor, or blender
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whiz the cashews in a food-processer or blender until they form a fine meal.
- Add all other ingredients and whiz until smooth and fluffy.
- If the mixture is too firm, add a little more coconut cream, until the desired consistency is achieved.
Store in an airtight container in your refridgerator for a couple of days.