I made these tasty high protein Paleo Zucchini Fritters for breakfast this morning and they turned out very, very well. They really only have two key ingredients (zucchini and egg), with the optional, but worthy addition of fresh herbs – I chose mint, but parsley or basil or a combination would also do nicely…. as does a wedge of lemon to serve.
It’s recipes like this, that makes The Whole30, just so easy. Easy to make. Easy to make you feel good! Read more about why I’m doing the Paleo Whole30 challenge here. If anything so far, it’s a pleasure, not a challenge.
Enjoy this recipe for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Serves 1 (makes 6-8 fritters)
- vegetable grater
- small mixing bowl
- frying pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup lightly packed herbs (mint, basil or parsley) Optional
- 1 wedge of lemon, to serve
- In the small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Grate the zucchini onto a plate or chopping board and squeeze out the excess moisture (one handful at a time) before adding to the eggs.
- Add the optional chopped herbs and season with seasalt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil (or other cooking fat of your choice) and cook tablespoons of the mixture, turning when lightly golden on each side.
- Serve immediately with a wedge of lemon.