Boost your health and bust inflammation with this amazing Mango and Tumeric Smoothie
Tumeric has long been praised for its anti-inflammatory qualities, but did you know that having a little (or a lot) of turmeric in your diet can also:
- Help prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- Help prevent cancer
- Protect and support the cardiovascular system a.k.a. reducing risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Fight inflammatory diseases, inflammation pain and swelling
- Contribute to liver health
- Beat colds, flu and viral infections
- Support digestive health
- Aid weight loss
- Help diabetes sufferers
- Combat arthritis
- Help with menstrual pain
Yep – all that – amazing right?
Better yet, you don’t need to seek-out specialist health food stores to get it either. You’ll often be able to find turmeric root alongside the fresh ginger and garlic in the supermarket, and if not, then 99 times out of 100, you’ll always find it in the spice section. The great people at Masterfoods, Hoyt’s, and Woolworths Select all sell the ground version which lasts ages and is easy on the pocket too.
I like to add turmeric to casseroles, stews, meat pies, roasted cauliflower, just about everything really! It’s vibrant yellow colour is as eye-catching as it is good for you.
Today, however I’ve added it to a smoothie and you know the best part (this will especially appeal to the skeptics): you can’t even taste it! This amazing nourishing smoothie is made with bananas, mango, carrot, coconut milk, turmeric root and ice to keep it super chilled, but really all it tastes like is a chilled mango, banana and coconut smoothie – it’s great to taste and even better for your body.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Blending Time: 30 seconds
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 mango, flesh only
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 knob turmeric root (or 1-2 tsp ground turmeric)
- 2 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to your blender and whiz until smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses and serve immediately.