Gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, nut free, grain free
Last night, Little Mr R insisted on cake…. well we didn’t have any, but I did have a fridge stocked with wholesome ingredients, so he and I set about making a mess and somehow we actually yielded a fine little cake, which was truly much to my surprise given that half of the batter ended up being distributed all over Little Mr R’s hands, arms, clothes, face, the bench top, down cupboard doors and onto the floor.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time and my star egg-cracker and I are pleased to share this super healthy recipe with you. We call it Paleo Banana Bread with Coconut Sultanas, because, well that’s what it is and it’s delightfully sweet, dense, moist and oh so satisfying.
Although we had it for dessert, I’d definitely make this one again for morning tea and the little man’s lunchbox when we’re out and about.
Hope you like it!
Makes: 1 mini loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- blender (optional)
- mixing bowl
- mini cake tin (14 x 7.5 x 6cm)
- 4 small eggs (or 3 large)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- Optional: extra 1/2 banana, chopped to garnish the top
- Preheat a convection oven to 160 degress Celsius.
- Grease a mini cake tin and set aside.
- In a blender, whiz the eggs, coconut oil and banana until pale and creamy.*
- In a mixing bowl combine the balance of the ingredients, before adding the egg mixture from the blender.
- Stir together and once combined, pour into the mini cake tin.
- Optional: Garnish with the extra chopped banana.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until risen, golden and firm to touch.
*If you don’t have or do not wish to use a blender: simply beat the egg and mash the banana with a fork before combining together with the coconut oil, mixing until well combined.
Store in an airtight container in your refrigerating for up to a week.