Last year I made White Christmas with all sorts of super foods, however, because last year’s recipe included puffed brown rice (or quinoa), it doesn’t tick the paleo box. So this week, I decided to make a Paleo White Christmas, which is closely based on my Superfood White Christmas but also inspired a little more by my heavenly Salted Caramel Macadamia Dream recipe too.
In this fudgy version of a Christmas Classic, you’ll find:
- Protein – macadamia nuts, pistachio nuts and almonds
- Natural Sugars – honey, cranberries and goji berries
- Antioxidants – raw cacao butter
- Antiviral Properties – coconut oil
- Dietary Fibre – shredded coconut
This delicious and easy Paleo White Christmas recipe is free of grains, refined sugar, dairy, hydrogenated oils, gluten and soy.
This recipe is safe for toddlers, however, if you do plan to share this dish with really little ones, then I would recommend chopping the roasted nuts before popping them into the mix – just to be on the safe side.
So please, give it a try and please do use the comment box below to ask any questions and to let me know what you think?
Makes: 25 serves
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Freezing Time: 1 hour
- Vitamix blender/ food processor
- Mixing bowl
- 20 x 20cm square cake tin
- 300g macadamia nuts
- 100g raw cacao butter, melted
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or essence/extract)
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 pinch sea-salt
- 100g dried cranberries
- 50g goji berries (or chopped apricots)
- 50g pistachio kernels, dry roasted*
- 50g almonds, dry roasted* (or flaked almonds)
- 50g shredded coconut
- Extra: coconut, dried berries and nuts to garnish
*To dry roast nuts, bake in an oven, preheated to 160 degree Celsius, for 15 minutes.
- Line a 20 x 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a Vitamix blender or food processor, whiz to combine the: macadamia nuts, melted cacao butter and coconut oil, vanilla, honey and sea-salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients and toss to combine: cranberries, goji berries, pistachios, almonds and shredded coconut.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and spread to the corners, ensuring the mixture is sitting level.
- Sprinkle the top with extra dried fruit, nuts and coconut and place on a level shelf in your freezer to set, for 1 hour.
- Once set, slice into cubes for serving, but keep chilled until ready to serve.
Store your Paleo White Christmas in an airtight container in the freezer.