Nothing says Guilt-Free like these Sweet Potato Jaffa Brownies!
This is another super quick one-bowl-wonder kind of AMAZING Brownie recipe and this time I’ve hidden fruit (orange) and vegetable (sweet potato) in this otherwise gloriously moist and sweet chocolate treat!
This recipe is: gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegetarian and paleo.
The ingredients are simple and are easily interchangeable. I’ve used yellow sweet potato, but any variety, or even pumpkin would also work. The orange can be swapped with mandarin and you can use honey or coconut syrup instead of maple syrup. The almond meal can be swapped for any nut meal and the cacao can be exchanged for cocoa or carob powder.
With an abundance of healthy and nourishing ingredients, I consider this recipe to be kid-friendly. It makes for a delicious afternoon tea or dessert treat for the whole family of all ages.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Saucepan with lid & steamer
- Mixing bowl
- 20 x 20cm cake tin
- 300g peeled sweet potato
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Line a 20 x 20 cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In the saucepan with lid and steamer – steam the sweet potato until tender. (If you chop it up, it will steam quicker). Then allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, including the sweet potato and beat thoroughly with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.