Spice Roasted Almonds: Seriously Wow!
These Spice Roasted Almonds have a serious Wow-factor! They are ridiculously healthy – made with only the best natural almonds, tossed in all natural spices and coconut oil. Spices include Turmeric which is best known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon, cumin and paprika.
There is no added sugar, soy, egg, wheat, gluten or dairy in this recipe.
Enjoy these as a snack, or save and serve as a sophisticated nibble with drinks – there’s really no limit to what you can do with them. Another idea I have is to roughly chop them and sprinkle over salad – Yum!
I hope you like them as much as I do!
Makes: 2 cups
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- 1 tsp measuring spoon
- 1 measuring cup
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and stir with a spoon until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer to the baking tray, ensuring that the nuts are spread evenly (and not sitting on top of one another).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving and storing.
Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. I like to keep mine in a glass jar, in the pantry.