Vanilla Fruit Salad: One of life’s simple pleasures
gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, grain free, soy free, egg free, paleo
This is the most delightfully tasty, delightfully simple to prepare and delightfully healthy fruit salad recipe you’ll ever come across. I’ve made 3 batches in 3 days and boy does it disappear fast! The key to use beautifully ripe and fragrant fruits because sweet fruits = a sweet fruit salad. (Tart, unripe fruit = disaster).
So I’ve really just used what is deliciously ripe and currently available. I recommend using Australian produce, thus avoiding anything imported and out of season.
Whatever you choose, make sure it’s fruits that you love and then all you need to do is lovingly sprinkle and toss your fruit salad with pure Vanilla Bean powder. The Vanilla bean completely harmonises the flavours.
Serves: 4 – 6
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Chopping Board & knife
- Serving Bowl & Spoon
- 2 cups Watermelon peices
- 1/4 Pineapple, core removed
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 Mango (optional)
- 1 large Red Apple
- 1 large Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- Chop all of the fruit (except the blueberries, which are small enough already), into bite-size pieces and add to the mixing/serving bowl.
- Sprinkle over the teaspoon of vanilla bean powder and toss gently with a spoon.
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the fridge until required, however, note that this fruit salad is best consumed fresh, within hours of preparation.
Keep refrigerated in a airtight container for no more than 24 hours.