Gluten Free Hazelnut Torte with Chocolate Creme
gluten free | grain free | dairy free | vegetarian | vegan | cane-sugar free
This Gluten Free Hazelnut Torte is so divine. It’s hard to believe it’s healthy. I made it last night for dessert and it was perfect. I’ve stuck to a basic list of ingredients: hazelnuts, eggs, cacao, coconut sugar, nut milk and vanilla, however, this recipe could be easily taken to the next level by adding rum-soaked raisins (think Christmas dessert), or a cup of frozen raspberries too – yum!
Note – for the chocolate creme to maintain a whipped-cream consistency, the coconut oil MUST be soft – like butter. If it’s rock solid, the warm it ever so slightly and if its melted, then cool it until the desired consistency is achieved.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- cooking scales
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
- large mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- tart/torte tin
- 200g hazelnut meal
- 1 tsp vanilla powder OR extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond milk OR other milk of your choice
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup OR honey
- Grease and line the base of a tart tin with coconut oil and baking paper, then set aside.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- In the large mixing bowl, add the hazelnut meal, vanilla powder, baking powder, cacao powder and coconut sugar. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In the small mixing bowl, combine the beaten egg and almond milk, then add to the dry mixture.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon, then transfer to the lined tart tin, ensuring the mixture is level and spread into the corners.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, make the chocolate creme by combining all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing thoroughly with a spoon.
- Slice the torte into 8 serves and spoon dollops of the creme onto each.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.