The Best Healthy Fudge Recipe EVER!
gluten free | dairy free | cane-sugar free | paleo | vegan | vegetarian
There’s no better sweet treat than this Healthy Fudge Recipe. It’s superfood-rich, low in sugar, high in goodness.
Made with none other than 100% nut butter, carob powder (try cacao if you prefer), maple syrup (try honey if you prefer) and coconut oil which boasts so many health benefits too.
I chose to use crunchy peanut butter the first time I made this recipe – this resulted in a crunchy texture, which you can see from the photos and it was pretty damn good. If peanuts aren’t your thing, then by all means try any other nut butter or combination nut butter – so long as the quantities are consistent, the result will be the same, only with a different flavour. I’m fancying trying a hazelnut butter next time!
I used a little narrow tin to set my fudge, so it took quite a while to set, however, note that the wider the tin, the quicker your fudge will set, meaning the quicker you can devour this oh so glorious and guilt-free treat.
PS – If you’re impatient like me – then put it in the freezer – it will set MUCH faster!
Makes: 8 serves
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Setting time: overnight
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
- table spoon
- small loaf tin
- 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter OR other nut butter
- 150 mL coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup OR honey OR rice malt syrup
- 4 tbsp carob powder, OR cacao powder
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In the saucepan, on low heat, add all ingredients stirring gently until melted and well combined.
- Pour into lined baking tin and refrigerate overnight, or until set.
- Once set, slice into serving portions.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen until ready to serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.