Chocolate Muesli Bars: Gluten Free + Dairy Free ~ Chewy, yet crunchy and so, so, so delicious! ! !
If there was ever a healthy to-die-for alternative to commercial muesli bars – then THIS IS IT!
These Chocolate Muesli Bars and gluten free and dairy free. The main ingredient is Gloriously Free Chocolate Muesli which contains carefully grown and selected gluten free uncontaminated oats together with sunflower seeds, cacao, dairy free chocolate chips, cinnamon and coconut sugar – yum!
To that I’ve added: shredded coconut, activated buckwheat (both or either are easily interchangeable with pepitas, slithered almonds or sesame seeds/whatever you prefer), hulled tahini (tastier and more widely available than unhulled tahini), raw honey, coconut oil and cacao butter.
Combined, this blend is sweet, chewy, crunchy and outright delicious. These guys are best refrigerated ensures their firm chewiness is maintained.
So other than that, it’s all quite easy.
Good luck and enjoy!
Makes: 16 muesli bars
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 20cm x 30cm baking tin
- large mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- measuring cup and scales
- small saucepan
- 2.5 cups Gloriously Free Chocolate Muesli
- 1 cup shredded coconut (preservative free)
- 1 cup activated buckwheat grouts (try: Loving Earth Activated Buckinis)
- 1 cup hulled tahini
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 20g grated cacao butter
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 100 degrees Celsius, then line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: (Gloriously Free Chocolate Muesli, shredded coconut and activated buckwheat grouts.
- Meanwhile, to the small saucepan, add: tahini, honey, coconut oil and cacao butter. All the while stirring on low to medium heat until all solids have melted and the mixture is warm and runny.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined baking tin, flattening and spreading to the corners with your hands.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into 16 portions.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.