Never Before have Chips and Dip been so Healthy: Dairy Free Guacamole Recipe
gluten free || grain free || dairy free || egg free || soy free || sugar free || vegan || paleo
This was yesterday’s lunch at our place – so simple, so delicious. Fresh wholesome ingredients, combined together in an astounding flavour bomb of utter delectable goodness. Fresh creamy
Just fresh wholesome ingredients, combined together in an astounding flavour bomb of utter delectable goodness. Fresh creamy Hass avocadoes with tomatoes from our garden, fresh herbs and juicy fat jumbo sweet potato chips. It really can’t (and didn’t) get any better than this yesterday…. until our slow roasted lamb shoulder dinner, but that’s a recipe for another day!
This is a really lovely dish to share (like when your children are both asleep!), but it’s also a really fun and interactive meal which you can prepare with kids (mushing the guacamole together is super messy fun) as well. Plus it’s super duper healthy, full of essential, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and dietary fibre.
Serves: 2 (as a meal)
Serves: 4-6 (as a shared starter/snack)
prep time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30 – 40 minutes
- 2 baking trays
- Chopping board + knife
- Mixing bowl and fork
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, plus olive oil for roasting
- 2 large creamy avocado, skin and stone discarded
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 210 degrees Celsius and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges in olive oil before spreading out on the trays and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- While the wedges are cooking, place the avocadoes in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, stirring gently until evenly combined.
- Drizzle with a little extra quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkle of cumin, then serve immediately.
Other Serving Suggestions
Serve your Dairy Free Guacamole with:
- Lightly Salted Corn chips
- White sweet potato oven-roasted crisps: Slice 2mm thick with a mandolin and bake until hard and crisp.
- With my Beef Brisket and Cauliflower Tortilla Recipe
Avocado is subject to oxidisation (going brown when exposed to the air) – this Dairy Free Guacamole therefore, is best devoured all at once – do not leave leftovers!