Healthy Blueberry Muffins ~ Perfect mini muffins for your perfect mini-me
Healthy Blueberry Muffins|| paleo || grain/gluten free || dairy free || nut free || soy free || cane sugar free
It wasn’t until the day after I made this recipe for Healthy Blueberry Muffins that I realised how significant they were. My muffin-making-day was ALSO the anniversary of my Dad’s passing. Whilst feeling guilty for not remembering, I was pleased that I somehow magically remembered on a subconscious level. The muffin, or ‘patty-pan’ papers as Dad used to refer to them, were my Dads. I grabbed them from the family house when we were packing everything up – this was years ago and the same goes for the muffin tray, or ‘patty-cake-tin’. It was also my Dad’s. I’d never used it in all of the years that it has now been mine. So while I was momentarily disappointed that I’d missed acknowledging Dad’s anniversary ‘out-loud’, I realised that making these Healthy Blueberry Muffins, with Dad’s patty cake tin and papers, that I had remembered and if it couldn’t have been more of a special muffin-making moment, I had my little right hand man, now a big 4 years old, helping me out. How special is that!?
This recipes uses possibly the most amazing Paleo Gluten Free Flour that I have EVER come across. It’s the Paleo Flour Blend by Monica’s Mixes. Monica is in my opinion the queen pioneer of gluten-free on the Sunshine Coast, possible even of Queensland and maybe even Australia! It’s absolute pot-luck that I found a packet of this flour in my local discount health food store and so now I’m set. Never will I need to mix my own paleo flours again.
Monica’s extremely versatile Paleo Flour Blend contains organic and natural ingredients: nutritious flax and sesame meal, green banana flour from North Queensland which is high in resistant starch, coconut flour, psyllium husk and tapioca flour. It’s absolutely sensational and worth going out of your way to source. Baking with this flour results in a fluffy texture that does not crumble. Monica – you are a genius!
Makes: 12 mini muffins
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- muffin tray
- patty-pan (small muffin papers)
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup [Paleo] Gluten Free Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 190 C.
- Ensure your 12-hole muffin tray is lined with 12 patty-pan/muffin papers, and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar until creamy and well combined.
- While the motor is running , add the eggs, one at a time. Continue mixing until combined.
- Slowing pour in the orange juice and keeping mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the baking powder with the flour – so that the baking powder is evenly distributed through the flour.
- You can now hang up the electric mixer, it’s time for a wooden spoon.
- Add the sifted paleo gluten free flour, shredded coconut and frozen blueberries to the mixture. Gently mix with the wooden spoon until just combined.
- Divide the mixture among the 12-hole muffin pan, which is lined with patty-pan/small muffin papers.
- Cook at 190 C for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For freshness, store your Healthy Blueberry Muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
THIS BLOG IS NOT SPONSORED.